Veeam Software today announced the immediate availability of the NEW Veeam Availability Console, a free management console for service providers delivering Veeam-powered services, such as Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery as a service (DRaaS), to more efficiently manage, track and invoice for these services.
In addition, the Veeam console expands opportunities for resellers and new managed service providers (MSPs) looking to launch a managed backup service business to capture new revenue streams.
What is VAC?
Veeam Availability Console can also be used by distributed enterprises operating in an IT service delivery model and wanting to offer efficient, centrally managed backup, data protection and disaster recovery services across a distributed multi-cloud environment including on-premises or private cloud, public cloud, remote and branch offices (ROBO), as well as mobile or home workforces.
As cloud adoption grows, the ability to deliver, manage, and monitor IT infrastructure can be difficult. Veeam Availability Console simplifies this and allows Veeam service providers to add value by provisioning, managing, and monitoring Veeam virtual, physical, and cloud solutions for their customers. This in turn enables these partners to generate new revenue streams by offering fully-managed BaaS and DRaaS alongside their traditional business lines.
Key features of VAC
- Simplified customer onboarding, with the ability to centrally provision and manage all customers in one place;
- Remote network discovery of customer environments to deploy Veeam’s virtual, physical and cloud-based Availability solutions;
- Support for virtual, physical and cloud-based servers and endpoints;
- Remote management and monitoring of Veeam backups and replicas for customers in an all-in-one dashboard view;
- Tracking, billing and invoicing to ensure complete, real-time visibility of consumed resources, with white-label invoices;
- Self-service management and status monitoring using a multi-tenant portal by partners and end customers;
- RESTful API to easily integrate Veeam Availability Console functionality into existing management portals and workflows, and automating common management tasks
Pricing and Availability
Veeam Availability Console license is free, fully supported for Veeam Cloud and Service Provider (VCSP) partners. Service providers interested in using the free solution are invited to join the VCSP program, which is free to join and requires no obligation to purchase paid Veeam solutions.